The Tsunami Animal-People Alliance field clinic provides vaccination, spay-neuter, and general treatment in Sri Lanka’s tsunami-affected and former conflict zones and refugee settlements. We seek to humanely control the animal population while minimizing the risk of rabies and dog bites.
How We’ve Helped
- No mass killing of dogs where TAPA has worked
- Reducing the incidence of rabies and dog bites and humanely stabilizing the dog population
- Awareness raised of animal welfare issues and humane population control.
- Educating the community about avoiding dog bites
- Assisting in flood relief in India through our disaster response team
Dogs sterilised and vaccinated
Years working in tsunami-affected areas and refugee camps
Percentage of dogs brought (not caught) to the TAPA field clinic