The Tsunami Animal-People Alliance field clinic provides vaccination, spay-neuter, and general treatment in Sri Lanka’s tsunami-affected and former conflict zones and refugee settlements. We seek to humanely control the animal population while minimizing the risk of rabies and dog bites.
How We’ve Helped
- No mass killing of dogs where TAPA has worked.
- Reduced incidence of rabies and dog bites.
- Humane stabilization of the dog population.
- Raised awareness of animal welfare issues and humane population control.
- Educated the community about the humane treatment of animals and how to avoid dog bites and rabies.
- Assisted during flood disasters.
Dogs sterilised and vaccinated
Years working in tsunami-affected areas, refugee areas and the former conflict zone
Percentage of dogs brought by owners to the TAPA field clinic. The other 50% are caught in our nets, and returned to the exact spot where caught after recovery.